Thanksgiving is coming. As I shop and make plans for preparing special dishes (the cornbread dressing everyone loves), I’m giving thanks for . . .
- Our children who are now adults, raising their children.
- The blessing of grandchildren. When my youngest grandson (nine months old) claps his hands, he brings smiles to all. It is a joy to attend the concerts of the older children. The music, their voices, the instruments are a gift.
- Friendships that have endured over the years. Recently I prayed with my friend for a complex medical problem. When she called with good news—answered prayer—we chatted. We laughed together over my mistaking her hand knitted dish cloth for a pot holder.
- Weekly prayer with the women in my Bible study group. Each week we share concerns and are blessed as we lift up prayer together.
- New books at the public library. I recently read The Wedding Dress Sewing Circle by Jennifer Ryan. It is a WWII historical novel with a unique perspective. I learned that clothing was rationed in England. It was impossible to purchase a new wedding gown. So, a community of women came together to meet a need.
Sharing this post with the Five Minute Friday writing community .